Monday, November 28, 2011

Romance; God's Way

I would like to start off by congratulating my dear friends Bobby and Carla. God has been putting together a beautiful love story in which you two are the main characters. Your example has encouraged and inspired me.

Not too long ago Carla would be talking to me about Bobby and how she was really starting to like Bobby. The lingering question "does he like me back?" would leave our conversations in suspense. So as a sister in Christ I would encourage her to pray and fast about it and just seek the Lord for guidance. When a girl starts letting a boy into her heart it could be something truly beautiful, or a disaster waiting to happen.

It turns out that Bobby was facing this same dilemma :-) hehe. He was interested in courting Carla, but he kept quiet for more than a year. I admire and respect him very much for waiting. Although he had feelings for her, he didn't act upon those feelings until God put everything into place and confirmed that He approved. It is extremely rare to find a guy, even a Christian one, that puts these feelings and desires aside in order to wait for God's confirmation. He didn't have to flirt with her and use pick up lines to get her attention. He prayed for her, and God answered his prayers. She didn't have to dress provacatively and use seduction in order to get his attention. As I said before, Bobby and Carla have been an example to me.

Yesterday Bobby and Carla announced in church that they are officially courting each other. I am extremely excited and happy for them. Courting is not a very popular idea, but it's definitely what you find all throughout the Bible. If you are curious to know more about courting I recommend "I Kissed Dating Goodbye" by Joshua Harris. Simply put, courting is a process in which a man and a woman get to know each other better, with the intentions of getting engaged and eventually marrying. Deciding who we marry is one of the most important decisions in our lives; second only to accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. This is very different from dating.

Bobby and Carla understand that God has a special purpose for them as a couple. It goes beyond the way they feel about each other. There is a divine purpose in their relationship. May God use them to impact lives and to reach many many many souls with the Gospel.

No comments: