Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Stop Looking


On my drive back from work I was listening to a preaching from Pastor Tony Evans. God uses him a lot to speak into my life. "Stop looking and start living" was the motto of the preaching; refering to singles who need to stop looking for a partner and to simply get on with our lives and live it to the fullest. That deserves an AMEN as well as an OUCH.

I've always known that I need to just serve the Lord and let Him bring someone into my life in His perfect timing. After all, my life verse is Psalm 37:4. I just want to delight myself in Him and let Him give me the desires of my heart that are in sync with His heart. But when it comes to the subject of "relationships" it's tough to wait on Him. Especially when my flesh as well as my soul opposes what my spirit knows to be the godly thing to do.

However, I must say that I love the fact that God's ways are higher and contradictory to the ways of this world. While many of my friends and my family worry if I will ever find a man, I've stopped worrying about it. My little cousin even asked me the other day, "Jenny, will you ever have a boyfriend or kids?" According to many people I haven't found anybody because I'm doing it wrong. I should be out and about, meeting guys and testing the waters. No thanks. I'm actually learning to just wait on God and let Him be the one to write my love story, rather than me writing my own.

Ruth is my role model in this aspect. Ruth was just gleaning in the fields when she met the man God had for her. So I will continue serving the Lord, and allow God to bring that man into my life whenever He deems fit.

1 comment:

Jennifer Rod said...

Thats right girl... wait on the Lord and also seek God's heart during this time to see how he wants to use you in this season of singleness. And also ask him to prepare you to be that servant and wife that he wants you to be so when he does arrive you are ready and just the one your husband to be has been praying for. this is so a nice comcept for me recently because i heard the other day, and it stuck to me, that just like we are waiting, he is waiting too, so we should honor them even while we wait by allowing god to mold us.... sweet thought. anyway, im sorry i rambled on in this comment... hugs.