Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Just Wait

~*`*~ A friend of mine shared this video with me and I just had to post it... ~*`*~


 spoken word and this girl is just awesome. The poem is about how us women need to wait for the man that God has for us. Let me expand a bit on the concept of waiting.


I've learned that waiting on the Lord is not easy. It does not even come naturally. It's a decision that we must make daily, but it is very much worth it.

I waited on God for 12 years; praying and fasting and never doubting in my heart. I would declare my family saved and serving Christ. After 12 years I can say that more than half of my family has Christ in their hearts and serve Him. But there is still more fasting and praying to do.

I waited on God for 10 years. After losing my grandfather, I was in need of a word from God. The weekend after my grandfather passed away, I went to a youth retreat and that is where I received my first prophecy about being a missionary. That was back in 2001. Now I am months away from going on my first missions trip.

Just wait on God... it is worth it.

2 comments:

a girl with a smile said...

:) we will always wait for Him

Jennifer Rod said...

He is worth the wait! im so glad that God has answered your prayers and brought your family to Him. Your persistence in prayer paid off. :)