Thursday, September 15, 2011

Physics


CAUTION: Do not try this at home.


The laws of physics state that if the man in the picture holds the 15lb ball attached to a pendulum a little below his chin and releases it, it will not swing back high enough to hit him in the face. This is actually a classic demonstration given in physics labs when teaching on the properties of a pendulum. This holds true as long as an external force is not applied to the ball. If somebody stands at the other end of the pendulum and pushes the ball, then yes, it will in all likelihood smash his face.


OK... enough physics.


I actually don't even like physics. I'm a science nerd, but when it comes to physics, the concepts take a bit longer to register in my brain. And this is where frustration comes in. All I'm trying to do is get into med-school to become a pediatrician. Why do I need physics???? Maybe once I get to med-school I will see why I was required to take it.


I know this is a test of life that I must pass. I've been so frustrated with physics that at times I've felt like forgetting about med-school. But how can I? I can't see myself doing anything else but pediatrics. Physics just stands there and taunts me, "HOW BAD DO YOU WANT IT?" So now all I can do is brace myself and prove to God, to myself, and to my family and friends that I can overcome this and even be one of the top students.


Yes I know this sounds dramatic, but to me this has been a huge battle. Please just pray for me to be wise and understanding.

3 comments:

Jennifer Rod said...

physics was torture for me in high school. so i understand you.

be strong and courageous. you'll make it through.

:)

Jennifer Alvarado said...

Thank you negris... I did well in Physics I by the grace of God, and I will do well in Physics II by the grace of God. Keep me in your prayers please.

Jonathan said...

I like physics, I wanted to build roller coasters once upon a time...but it is definitely a challenge